Friends have a wonderful way to let each other get by with whatever has to be gotten over with.
Back in college, we were so much suffocated with schoolworks, org activities, barkada issues, and what love life? Hah! Good thing we had each other. Better thing there were lots of videoke bars around the area. Best thing we could simply agree to just sing our madness out!
Everyone’s missing the we-are-all-housemates season (2009-2010). We could just spend a whole long night talking about guys, girls, who’s with whom, who broke up with whom, who had a one night stand with whom, who’s preggy, gitchi gitchi yaya dada; or kill noontime free hours drinking – yes, alcohol. Oh, and we also killed mornings fighting over who was to get a shower first, because nobody wanted to get her ass off the bed. Duh, that universal dilemma. 😀
The Barkada Litany
1. Mauna ka na maligo. Bilisan mo ha.
2. Nasaan kayo? Pauwi ako ng apartment. Wala akong susi. Eto na ang epekto ng tsaa!
3. Saan tayo kakain?…So saan na tayo kakain?…Ano na mga teh, saan na tayo kakain???
4. Inom tayo! Sa tanghali?
5. Gusto n’yo mag-Canton?
6. Tara IC’s!
7. Saan ka magdidinner? Congga. Chicken teri.
8. Teka lang teng, yung patootie hairs ko!
9. Mga teh late na tayo! Wait, BLUSH ON NALAAANG.
10. Natapos mo na Bookworm?
11. Plants VS Zombies pa din?
12. Shit, amoy aso yung apartment!
13. Ayan o, naka-ngiti na naman si Jollibee, nagugutom na ako. Pa-deliver nalang tayo.
14. Wala na akong pera. Parduch nalang! Yosi nalang.
15. Dali turuan mo kami ng dirty dancing! Pano, pano?
16. *** Teng, eto yung confidence ko o, parang galing sa sun bumagsak SA CORE NG EARTH!
17. *** Wooohhh, climb aboard! May humihilik na barko.
18. Ohoy, may toothbrush na din. Dito na nga nakatira.
19. Shit naman o, nasaan na ANG PANTY KO??? Hinanda ko yun for today e!!!
20. At bakit hindi ka umuwi kagabi? (Boom!)
After two years…housemates no more.
But the same old barkada we are, minus K’s patootie hairs (short hair strands always sticking out of her do) and O’s long hair. 😀
Everyone’s catching up! We meet up in some places around the metro, sit over lunch, coffee, and frappe. And beer. And there, the stories roll again.
Teeenggg…kumusta ka naaa? Teeenggg…T*N*I*A, wala na kamiiii. (Boom!)
P.S. Introducing the characters of Running Through Chapters 😉